Friday 1 July 2011

I want that one!

I tried to wait a couple of days before I posted this, I knew there would be a serious risk of over-excited rambling and hyper gushing, far too many exclamation marks and probably bragging too...  But I cant wait any longer as it doesnt appear that I am going to calm down enough to avoid all that...  so, sorry, but that's probably what you're gonna get!
I received my quilt from the Brit Quilt Swap...

"Resurrection Tea Party"
When I got the packet in the mail I recognised the sender name, and still I thought "nah, it cant be"...  I actually got a bit of a cataplexy wobble I was so excited and I had to open it sitting down!   I've been admiring this quilt since I first saw the design idea sketches, I just never thought I'd be lucky enough to be the recipient!  Like many others in Brit Quilt Swap I thought it would be destined for a cool quilting chick, but no, I GOT IT!  WOOHOO!
The very talented lady who made this rockin masterpiece is none other than my fellow Brit Bee blogger, Hadley at Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycle (click on the linky for much better photos of it, including the perfect backing choice!)  Not only is she a fantastic quilter (check out her scrumptious Happy Scrappy Quilt ) but she's also someone who always makes me laugh, and a generally all round awesome gal.  Check out the goodies she sent with the quilt (as if I wasnt already bouncing up and down with joy just from getting the quilt!).


Every last bit of it is perfect!  Some trees, a monkey, gorgeous fabric, chocolate, good coffee, Mr Bump (very appropriate!) sweeties....  And this deserves a close up


Her wee man made me a book mark, isnt it just lovely?  Thank you and a huge hug to the clever wee chap :-)
So thank you Hadley!  I simply could not be happier :-)  Huge hugs xxx   Oh, and well done mum!  Mum phoned me the first time she saw the sketches and fabric bundle of Skully to say "oooh Sarah, I've seen your quilt!"  lol

I've got more bits to share so I'll save it and do another post tomorrow.  Resurrection Tea Party deserves a whole post to itself ;-)  It rocks!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you my friend - you were the perfect partner - I am blushing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You are a lucky duck and I think it is a perfect fit. You deserve it. Emjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one lucky girl...I am still curious to see who got yours. Remember I am not allowed in this swap so email me the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! One big parcel of deliciousness!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got Baldie! I actually thought it was for Lynz, but really glad you got it. Isn't Hadders the best? Enjoy your lovely quilt - from a sitting position only! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky girls! What a great package of goodness you have!!!! I too have been watching this on her blog thinking the recipient is going to be so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're a luckly lady aren't you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So pleased to have paired you so well ;-) it's fabulous, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how exciting-- I've been following Hadley/Flying Blind on a Rocket Ship and now I see who the recipient is!! Congrats! You are very lucky and enjoy all your additional treats, too! Glad you are so pleased!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quilt, I am so glad that it went to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so happy you like it. It was so fun watching Hadley make it and happy to know that you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you are so chuffed, its fantastic - and those goodies are pretty cool too! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely wonderful quilt - you lucky gal - and well deserved too ... I think your quilt is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone, I am a lucky gal! Resurrection Tea Party is a masterpiece. Thanks again Hadley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its great to know it went to a good home, having watched Hadley make it over the last few weeks. its such a fantastic quilt

    ReplyDelete
  16. You lucky, lucky thing! I've been watching Hadley make that in total envy of the recipient! Such an amazing quilt. Hope you enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete