Monday 8 April 2013

Refresh my soda...

Still with the "finishing" theme, (don't worry, I'm not trying to claim it on the FAL) is something from last year.  One that I thought was finished but wasn't.  One I had almost given up on...

LIMEADE SODA POP!




Elliecat's Nemesis, little harvey-no-balls in on the act

Yes, mum fixed it.  I can hear her sighing and rolling her eyes from here, she doesn't like me telling you when she's done stuff.  Tough.  Mum, quite rightly, thought I was being far too picky and defeatist with all the falling off leaves and stuff, and when I was suggesting re-quilting the entire thing, yet totally dreading the prospect, mum took it off me and just stitched down the worst offenders.  She likes to help, she's pretty good like that!  Then we washed it....  Oh the nerves!!!  Heart in mouth stuff taking it out of the machine I can tell you.  Don't know who was more worried; me, that half the bubbles would be hanging off,  or mum, that the bright orange binding or shocking pink squares might have bled all over the white....
Massive relief, we were both worrying about nothing.  No colour run, no hanging off bubbles.  Okay so there were a few slightly more dodgy lookin ones, but mum stitched those down before I could over think it.   I did help tie and sew in all the thread ends.....

Definitely a joint effort this one.  I'd even go so far as to say that it would not be done at all had it not been done by us together.  Honestly, that just makes me love it even more.

29 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! wonderful job mum ;) So glad it survives! It's really pretty and makes me want to start my soda pop quilt but it's in the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! and good mum helped :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good! So nice to meet Harvey-no-balls, having heard bits about him. Tell Mum I said Hi and good job to you both its Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ace team you two make! Soda pop looks so summery hanging there on the line! Well done mum & daughter! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fab, I love it. So bright and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yey for Sarah's mum :) A fab finish and you never will have to suffer making that quilt again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a brilliant mum and isn't it nice to make something with someone? It is an amazing quilt! You did both a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, its beautiful. You both have done such a fabulous job. Now get snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous! I do love a mother- daughter collaboration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, and thank god for Mums!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! Yay for a great Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt and the colors you used are so fresh. Great finish for you and your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mum is a diamond! Is she coming to the FQR with you this year?
    Love the soda pops by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, fabulous finish. See - mums always know best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a team. You have a good mum. I really love this quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, isn't your mum brilliant. Has to make the quilt at least twice as good. Juleiex

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love it...doing white petals was a brilliant idea, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful!! Enjoy it now it's finished :-) and yay for mums!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great team you both - I said it once and I'm sticking to it :)
    I love the quilt, it sings spring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ROFL at Elliecat's nemesis' name :oD WTG you and Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done both of you. It looks amazing. Now take a deep breath and move on to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great result, well done mum for knowing the right time to step in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You make a great team - what colours are you picking for the next one?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, no matter how or who, it's done and looks brilliant! Good for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's gorgeous!!! And your mum sounds pretty wonderful as well - is she blogging yet?

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is absolutely gorgeous Sarah! I want to make one just like it right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aside from my presents, that might be my favourite of your makes. So far....

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a lovely quilt. And looking very like spring

    ReplyDelete