Well really, if you'd care to check out the amazing goodies up for grabs in VeryBerryHandmade's supadupa giveaway bonanza... d'you blame me?!
In January 2011 I posted this list of goals for the years sewing.
|Giles, click here for blogpost with written list!|
- I got some practice anyway! I'm certainly not a FM quilter yet, but I did a 20" cushion, an 18" cushion, and I did a 10" border around the edge of a quilt. Yes, its a border cos I chickened out of trying to manhandle the quilt any further... But its a start innit?
- Fail. Non starter. Total wimp out. Bought some voile, and its pretty, but its slippy too..
- Fail. Non starter. Total and utter wimp out... Still messing up 45 x 60" regularly, never mind the lack of upper body strength something bigger would require...
- I did!! I made 4 quilts that I sat and designed myself, worked all the sizes and quantities out myself, and put together without instructions. They are maybe not the most inventive quilts in the universe but I'm more than happy with that one :-) Owly quilt, Dorothy, Not-so-hidden stars and Staind pink.
- Ahh. Well, technically speaking I didnt have enough scraps to make much of anything so I think I'll let myself off that one.
- I got over my triangle fear. I think having done that I should still be allowed to LOATHE them, it is after all an informed choice now...
- I had a go a dying fabric, I did 3 prints for my bee quilt. And some towels. (and my nasal passages)...I didnt quite get round to the bleaching fabric, but I do now bleach my tea towels...can that count?
- I didnt really did I? In fact, I dont think I really tried any new bag patterns. I did, however, learn the whole lined pouch and lined drawstring bag down to a tee, so that's better than nothing right?
- Ah. Bit sorry I didnt get this one done, I really should. Must try harder.
- I practised. I feel I improved slightly. I didnt honestly do enough of it to improve by any kind of noticeable leaps and bounds... but that wasnt the resolution was it!
- Nope, I did not learn how to do piping. See above not making bags and below's preoccupation with zips....
- I most certainly did this one! I am also certain that I still need to practice more....
- Who in their right mind does 13 resolutions?! I was jinxed from the off....
|photographic evidence for points above...|
There were some ideas I had for last year that I think really need to be carried through to this year too. I still need to practice and improve on many things, not just FMQ and zippers... I'd like to get the nerve to do a quilt top in voiles. I'd like to make more of an effort to do more bags, especially in my wool bits. And
However, my biggest goal for 2012 is quite possibly the same thing that many others are aiming for....
In 2012 I am going to try to NOT buy nearly so much fabric, and more importantly, to stop staring at and stroking the fabric I've got and cut the damn stuff up a bit so I can use it!
(Mum has been helping me with that all week....I'll show pics next time!)