Friday 7 October 2011

One swap closes and another one opens...

Yesterday lovely Susan, swap mama of the Modern Christmas Table Runner Swap assigned to us our secret partners.  I know I've got lots to do, you've all seen the horrors of my list, but having received my partner I know this swap is going to be such fun!   I'm going to leave myself a week or so to get my plans in order - this is going to have to be good ;-)

Meanwhile, Cindy's Mug rug and Goodies Swap has come to a close, for me at least, as my parcels have arrived at their destinations, and I have received my second parcel!

Mug rug, zipper pouch and fabric lovelies!

Ah I'm so bad at doing the artful appreciative "isn't it a gorgeous package" photos - I tear them open the second they're in my hands...  Trust me, it was lovely, but the contents are even lovelier.   This bunch of goodies was made especially for me by the absolutely awesome Toni.   And wow, didn't she get it right?!  

Gorgeous mug rug in vibrant solids
Toni has seen how hooked I've become on solids since taking part in the For the love of solids swap!  One thing I admired most about peoples contributions in the FTLOS group was how confident they were with choosing colours to go together, and Toni has done a brilliant job with this one too.  Someone else I could learn a lot from!

close up of fussy cut fabric in the zipper pouch, Michael Millers 1950's Kitchen
And check this out in all its retro yumminess...  four things I love  -  Kitsch, 50's, Tea, and Michael Miller!  Thank you Toni!  I love it all :-)


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm excited about the table runner swap too. I think it is going to be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitsch kettle :-) So excited about the table runner swap, I've been pinning like mad this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay for solids, that's a fab mug rug..and good luck in the table runner swap, I'm watching keenly from the sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous parcel!! Good luck in the runner swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. I saw the kettle when she posted it on flickr and wanted it. Great mug rug as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni's mug rug is awesome. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab package, with one of my Bee blocks this month I'm having to embrace solids - it's an interesting process :o)

    I'm in a wall hanging/table runner swap too and got to go out and get things for it this afternoon. It's a slightly esoteric design, so I hope the recipient likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do envy you those lovelies Sarah but as I like you I'll try not to go too green! Lucky but deserving you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love that mug rug! The pouch is great too, such a cute fabric in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky, lucky you! I love this set of goodies! They are absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad they're there with you. Awesome job, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that MR! Looking forward to seeing your Japanese scraps makes - bare all please! Jxo

    ReplyDelete