Sunday 20 October 2013

yawn...

I seem to be doing an unbelievable amount of napping at the moment.  I have an insatiable appetite for sleep right now.  (food too for that matter..)  Beany has been awffy quiet of late so I'm assuming he/she is also a bit knackered!    I probably wouldn't need as much if I were only capable of *staying* asleep long enough to get well rested.  Ah how good that would be.  Its been so very long, I honestly have no memory of how that felt.
My dreams are pretty vivid at the moment too, and with their general horror show nature that's not really helping much either.  With that, and the rain, and the dark, and the no man around... well, I'm sure you'll forgive me if I'm a little fed up.

So, all of this leads me to the usual "too tired to sew" plea.  I managed 40 minutes yesterday, and I got some of a block done for the Simply Colour sampler I'm late with.  No finishes to show yet I'm afraid.   Today's big effort went into cleaning the kitchen, and making a rather awesome big dish of Mac & Cheese.  I had a bit of Gruyere in the fridge needing used, and its addition made the Mac extra cheesy and mouthwateringly stringy and gooey.  Little bit chuffed with that effort!

Just so as this isn't a picture less post, here is an example of the wonderful work mum has been up to.  Apologies to Instagrammers who might have seen this before, but hey, its freakin amazing ;-)

The coolest ever baby bouncer...


I have a lovely plan for tomorrow, to get up and hopefully get comfy (I'll settle for just being able to sit upright...) at the sewing machine with a nice audiobook (Francis Durbridge, vintage detective stories), a rice puddin in the oven, and a pot of tea at my side.  Wish me luck!

25 comments:

  1. Oooh, looking seriously clean and tidy there missus, well done! Love the bouncer too, coolest fabric ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with the clean! (My place is currently a wreck.) That is a pretty awesome bouncer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plan sounds great, I hope it goes nicely. Your mom is brilliant, that is the coolest bouncer ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best bouncer ever! And if you need sleepy then sleep. Your mum will be there soon to help with the sewing but you and Beany come first right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bugger the cleaning! You are pregnant, it's an excuse for everything, don't waste the opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have the perfect day planned. And your mum is amazingly clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done mum, that certainly is the best bouncer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab bouncy chair! That mac and cheese sounds so good - you have given me dinner inspiration :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the wildest preggo dreams. Mac & cheese is the bomb! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a lovely plan for the day! And, honestly, I have never seen such a cool bouncer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stuff the cleaning! That is most definitely the coolest bouncer ever! Clever Mum! I hope you get the day you planned :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flipping gorgeous bouncer! Sounds like the best plan ever for the day! May have to put a pudding in the oven now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you have my complete sympathy. I remember all too well the sleepiness and sleeplessness that goes with being heavily pregnant. Not long now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant bouncer, clever mum! Sounds like a great plan for tomorrow, hope it works out for you.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bouncer is definitely the best ever. Lucky Bean (always makes me laugh as a very good friend has a gorgeous cat called Bean/Beany). Poor you with the sleep situation, just do whatever you can to be as rested as possible.......at least once you're not pregnant you won't go to the loo so often!
    Hope your plan for tomorrow works out, sounds perfect. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your plan is almost as awesome as the baby bouncer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like my kinds peferct day you have planned, I love rice pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great plan, keeping my fingers crossed and in the meantime I'm sending lots of virtual hugs. You probably already know I love the baby bouncer, but no harm in telling you once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous bouncer! Well done mum! Sleep away my friend cos when beany is out there won't be as much!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is the coolest bouncer ever, I want one tooooooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love what Hadley says and agree wholeheartedly! Are you in that nesting phase then?

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the bouncer!...if only I had a baby to put in one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome bouncer! Sorry you are having bad dreams and still sleeping so badly, blow the cleaning just keeping taking care of you and then bean.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Sarah. Cool bouncer, and I see it's business as usual. You still finish tons more than I do and if I can just get an hour a week at the machine lately, I'm happy. Have a happy holiday season and may the new year bring you lots of quilting adventures!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete